Sunday 1 June 2014

Update Time - I Know, I'm Sorry

Ok I know I only uploaded an update a few hours ago but this needs to be said. Through all my self-pity and self loathing, I actually wrote loads for my story. Granted I was a little reluctant at first, and I really didn't want to drag myself through that mud, but I did anyway. What I did was purely and utterly amazing...in my opinion. I created a whole new angle for my story, and I actually understand the mindset of one of my characters. Although I know later on I will be very cruel to him, but it's something that needs to be done.

Anyway, so in the last two days I've written, pretty much two chapters, and going by the rate I've been writing, I probably will be done in the next month, and hopefully will be starting the second book soon after. Gosh I am on a roll this summer. And to add to the mix, I get to bring my laptop on holiday so I can continue writing. My parents didn't have to but they did anyway, and I am so grateful!

So what happened to get me this excited about these last two chapters? Well, as I said before, I was really wallowing in self-pity and I really didn't want to continue, in fact I was debating whether or not to stop, but I knew I had made a promise, and I will keep to it. So I tuned myself out of the real world and immersed myself in the world of DenĂ¿ce, and become one of my characters, when it suits me. In this instant I was someone I never expected to be, and as a third party, it was a refreshing view on things.

Looking back on these chapters now, you probably will be able to see what I mean: I dragged out the story because I couldn't be bothered to carry on, but then a stroke of genius just happened and this was the result. You'll probably understand when you read it. Anyway, sorry for the random post, but yes, I had to put it out there. Although my self-pity hasn't completely gone away, and I have a suspicious thought that it will creep up on me again when I'm completely unawares, but that probably won't be in a long time, I've thrown it a bone and hopefully it doesn't swallow it until the story is done.

You know just a few hours ago I just wanted to strangle this story and demand it finish itself, but that would just be impossible.

As always, please do with this post what you will. God Bless! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment