Thursday 5 June 2014

Update Time - The Greatest Storyteller Is The Story

Ok so I have been writing, but I can't really help it. I've been breaking up the flow though...with Doctor Who...So what! Can you blame me for wanting to watch something so cool! I love it!

Anyway I've slowly but surely made my way to Chapter 15 and I think I'll be done in 5 more chapters. Things are going to get haywire in this story, so I need to prepare myself for it, and this hiatus will probably help. In the meantime, I'll be watching Doctor Who and loving it...I may even dabble into Game of Thrones. I'm still watching Season 3 because well...it's just a bit gruesome for my liking, and it will take me a while to bear it. So yes, I'll be watching TV.

You know speaking of Doctor Who, I can't help but remember the post I wrote on it. I still love his quote, and it will forever stick in my mind, because it is quite true. Today we look at heroes as warriors, as men with swords and guns and horses and fast cars and jets and whatnots. We never really look at the true heroes, the ones who saves lives by helping, we don't see doctors as heroes, we don't see our parents as heroes, we don't even see teachers as heroes. Why? They save lives more than soldiers and politicians and other sorts of warriors. Doctor Who opens your eyes to the fact that a warrior doesn't have to be a hero, they are the wingman, while the Doctor is the hero.

For those of you who haven't a clue about what I'm saying, regarding the post here's the link:

A Revelation From Doctor Who

I know the title really has no reference, but think about it. We are all stories, and Doctor Who is just one great big story, and who better to tell a story than the story itself. We all tell stories, and our lives themselves are stories. Just like many preachers, teachers, priests, we all must tell a story. It just depends on how we tell it. Many use words, and description, others use actions and other use other stories to tell their own.

Me? I'm trying to use action to tell my story. But I occasionally do use words. Even now I'm using words. You're reading this post and it is all just plain, simple words. If you met me, I'd try to do things that may please you, and probably fail, but I'd try nonetheless. So, why the deep post this time? Well, I don't actually know. Most time I go with the flow, and right now the flow is very deep, the currents pull me down and I feel like it must end somewhere.

So for those of you who think I'm just a mad woman, writing nonsense, well guess what? You're right. And you are wrong. Because I'm not simply mad. I have faith. Yes most of you know I'm Catholic, and most would probably think I'm crazy, or I'm wasting my time, but let me tell you this. Without my faith, this blog would probably not have existed, and you wouldn't be reading this right now. So for those of you who do think so, and will probably continue to think so after reading this, why are you still reading? You can close this tab or window right now, you don't have to continue reading, and you don't have to keep listening to my words, you can stop right now.

But for those who would listen to my words, please, don't take your faith lightly. Like St Francis of Assisi said, "Preach the gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words." It may work for you to pretty much blather on about this story and that in the gospel, but most will just completely ignore you. If you truly want people to listen, do something nice, do something that no one would probably expect you to do. For example, speak to the homeless on your street, or talk to your friends, make them feel special and happy, because in one way or another they may be hurting, and in the end your conversation or your smile might just make their day.

So a bit deep, not sure if you'll read it but hey, at least it's out there. And as always, do with this post what you will. God Bless. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment