Monday 20 April 2015

Habits of a Music Geek

Hello everyone,

So as you all know, I’m Catholic and I regularly go to mass. Sometimes, I go to the Saturday vigil mass, because something is going on, on the Sunday. This Saturday vigil mass has a choir, something the Sunday evening mass doesn’t, and…well…I’m not too fond of the singers in our church choir. I won’t say any more, but as someone who is an avid music player, I really, really…REALLY want to work on the choir…although I rarely have to sing in mass.















Now, a new feature has been added to our church; that is a new mezzanine has been placed at the back, where the choir loft is. In today’s (Saturday 18th April) mass I was struck by inspiration. Although I can’t do much about the choir, I could do a few things about the music I listen to. I thought, why not create my own arrangements of the hymns!

So now, I’m undertaking a project, which hopefully gets recognised by my church. It’s not anything special or big, but it’s something. I will try to make these arrangements as simple as possible, but at the same time beautiful. Of course, I’m not going to keep it on my laptop with nowhere to go. Like my story, I’m going to upload them here, on my blog! That way you can listen to it, and give me feedback on what needs improvement…although I highly doubt I will get any.













Nevertheless, at least it’s something, and I will start by uploading the hymn Christ Be Our Light. So the reason for this is because it is the season of Easter, in the Catholic Church, and as such, our main representation of Christ is the Paschal Candle. It portrays Christ’s resurrection as the light of the world. Thus Christ is our light.

So without further ado, I give you Christ Be Our Light.



What do you think? Let me know in the comments below, and I’ll speak to you soon. As always, do with this post what you will, and God Bless. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment