Friday 13 June 2014

Update Time - Embarrassment And Heat Don't Mix

Yes, I know it's another update, but you don't read it anyway. The reason for this title is because I've just finished a certain section of Chapter 6 and well have yet to start on the next section. You see, the story is a romance, and well, you would expect it to be a bit mature. I did. However, I find it's better to read the stories rather than write it. I get so embarrassed just writing it. I mean it's all great in my head, but once it's down on paper, I just can't believe I'd just written it.

Granted it's my first ever novel that wasn't quite "kid-ish" but still. I don't know how fan-fiction writers do it, nor any other writer for that instance. I mean don't they, get...well...you know? I mean if I do, surely they do right? I'm rambling, but anyway. It's just all new to me, and I'm just going off on the examples that I'd read, I've never actually had sex before, nor have I been touched by a guy or even had my first kiss, so I'm using inspiration from these stories, so if you read the story, and it doesn't give you butterflies or exactly match the description you'd expect it, I'm sorry, I just don't know exactly what it's like. I mean I've heard stories, I've read stories, but I've never felt it. I mean I can imagine (I'm quite good at that) but I just don't actually know what it really feels like, and well, please don't be mad when it doesn't live up to your expectations.

Anyway. I'm slowly getting there. I'm almost finished with Chapter 6, and 7 is on its way, so I'll probably be at Chapter 18 by the end of next week. After that it'll go into revision, and will probably have three more drafts before it's really done. By that time I'm guessing it will be August. I think instead of the "increments" I'd planned to do, I might just do it all at once, and backwards for that matter. I noticed that Blogger does it in the "newest first" kind of style, and I'm not sure how to change that, so I'm going to post the last chapters up first, then have the prologue last, so that you can read properly.

Anyway this is another sort of short post, but there you go. As always do with this post what you will, and God Bless. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment