Thursday 5 March 2015

Working Depresses Me

Sitting here, in a university classroom, listening to the same mumbling lecturer has led me to do this. The stuff that we're listening to is pretty much depressing. It's either "freelance" or "run your own production company". Either way, he's pretty much saying, "Whatever you do, you're screwed!" So basically I'm taking up a degree for no apparent reason anymore. This is just dandy!

At least I'm not going into full out production or pre-production work. My chosen aspect of the film industry is somewhere along the line of distribution or promotion...basically I'd like to acquire films, and I'd like to be the one to get exhibitors (i.e. cinemas) to "exhibit" them. So a showreel would just be an extra of things...I guess. I will make a showreel, don't get me wrong, but I think I just need some time to improve it.

So what now? Well, usually being the vocal one in the lecture/seminar/workshop, I am now the one not paying attention, which is not very good nonetheless. It's because I'm already intimidated by those around me. There are those who will have more success than me. THEY'VE HAD MORE EXPERIENCE!!! I feel like a small fish in a big pond...no wait...the ocean! It's not fair! (As my favourite protagonist keeps saying...in my favourite film)

Yep...I'm definitely not really interested in this...because it's all production, and nothing about distribution...I know I should really be piping up and asking...but I'm really not bothered! I did try to keep interested but it's hard! Of course, there are a few things that I am interested in, but they're few and far between!

I guess I'm more interested in multimedia...which I should have done, but it required maths...good maths GCSEs and A-Levels! But it's not bad...I mean I do love film, and TV Studio Production was pretty much one of my favourite (if not my favourite) modules, but I don't think my place is behind a camera...maybe far behind it...like in the office, or at my home writing reviews, or something...

Anyway, that's it for now, so yeah...I know it's stinted, but it's because I'm still in a seminar...

By the way...WHY ARE ALL MY DEPRESSING POSTS THE ONE THAT GETS THE MOST VIEWS!!!! I feel used!

No comments:

Post a Comment