Wednesday 25 March 2015

Essay Mayhem and Inspirations Needed

Hello Everyone,
So more than a week has gone by, and I’m sitting here writing a post. Basically, this week has been dedicated to my university assignments, which I can gladly say is finished! Now I can focus on my novel (I’ll speak about that later)…yes I will focus on that story…ok fine, what is it guys? What do you need?
Seriously, why do I do this to myself, I torment myself over helping others that I don’t concentrate on the one thing I want to concentrate on…It’s not their fault (don’t worry, if you’re one of the guys I’ve helped, I’m not blaming you) it’s mine. I CAN’T HELP IT!!!! I want to…no have to…help people! It’s built into my nature! Even now, I’m helping my friends as I’m writing this.
First it was simply discussing the content of the essay, now I’m proofreading for one of them…I got a B in my English GCSE (Exam board for those of you who aren’t from the UK)…so…why are you depending on me? Of course, it doesn’t matter, because I’m pretty much game for anything.








Ugh…oh the problems of an introvert…Anyway, so back to what I was saying…Inspiration…yes, I am running out of steam people! I mean I had the steam, but then I lost it when I finished the last chapter…now I’m on chapter 8 and I have nothing for it! I hate filler chapters, there’s pretty much nothing you can write for it! Of course, I have written notes as a guideline, but I highly doubt I’m actually going to use them. Oh well, we’ll have to see what happens…I will be updating you when I reach chapter 9, but that’s probably going to take a while, because…again…I will be procrastinating, since I have another post I want to write and I will probably write that, just to put off writing the novel. I need to stop procrastinating.
So a little bit more hints as to what I’m writing: well, I’ve changed the prologue somewhat, because the previous one was not that great, and to be honest, the entire story needed a revamp. Oh! I’ve decided, I’ll be adding snippets of the story here…not major snippets, but little bits of the story just to show you how this story is going to look like. So here’s the first one:

Unbeknownst to her, a celestial figure stepped behind her, watching her intently. Her bare feet peeked out from the lavender stars of her gown, and raven locks billowed in unseen winds. Feeling a presence behind her, the woman turned to face the figure, both in awe and in fear. The gentle rainbow eyes held a life aeons.
“You are certain?” her voice was as smooth as silk, and yet whispered through the woman’s soul. A single nod was her only reply, as she held out the baby.

This little snippet is from the prologue. If you want to be a reviewer, drop me a comment, and let me know if you’d like to read a fantasy novel, that will need a few tweaks. Oh and one more thing: if you want to know what the story is about, head over to my blogger, the summary is there (Buckle Down And Work)…although I will make a better one, once I’ve finished the last draft.
So that’s it for now. Time to return to procrastinating, and helping my friends. As always, do with this post what you will, and I’ll see you soon. God Bless!
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment