Saturday 7 March 2015

A Little Bit Of Philosophy

So, update time. I'm currently watching The Lord of the Rings (the first two movies, since the last will be aired late tonight), and reading a book I had won in a raffle, a few years ago. It's called Rediscovering Catholicism, by Matthew Kelly (2002). As I'm watching, and typing this, it has come to my attention that these things have given me inspiration to write! Remember, Tolkien, the original author of the books, was a Catholic, and a philosophical thinker, and this faith has grabbed the attention of the world. I hope to do that, even though I know it will be a very hard thing to do.

I hope with my stories, the world can be seen in different eyes. You see, whilst my story is fantasy, and while it doesn't point directly back to God or the Christian faith, I hope that if you read my story, and find inspiration to believe in God, or whatever higher power best suits you. I know it's not something you'll all agree with, especially those who are rather cynical atheists, but I know that it's not something I can force you to do. I'm not going to argue a point, because it would be useless against your will. However, know this, it is useless to force attention upon someone who does not wish it. It is useless to force your belief on others. Yes argue your point, debate your belief, but do not force someone to convert. It was what destroyed cultures of the past, it is what is currently destroying relationships between people. It is what is destroying today's culture and society. Think of the uprisings today, some are peaceful protests that ask for freedom of those oppressed, but others, many others, are of greed and fuelled by an anger that should never have walked this Earth.

Ok, so that's a bit philosophical, but it is my need for balance that spurns me to write it. As for my story, I have begun to write again, and the draft will be going slowly, but hopefully I can bring it here by the end of this summer.

I know it's short, and I know it can be argued against but this is my belief. So as always, do what you will with this post, and I'll see you next time. God Bless ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment