Wednesday 25 February 2015

Why Am I So Tired?

It's fine! I'm not ill or anything, I've just been on my feet all day, and yes, I know why I'm tired. It's just...I feel not just physically but mentally and emotionally drained!

Today is my workshop for TV Studio Production. Don't get me wrong! I love it! In fact I hope, one day I get to work on a TV Studio set, because it's awesome! But...it's literally draining! All the meetings, all the discussions, and arguments! It does take a toll. Thankfully I'm not director and I'm not directly in charge of everything. I mean...I am...it's just I'm not the one that makes the big decisions like what shots to use, or where to put things. I just keep everyone organised, make sure the director gets what he wants...needs...and the production goes smoothly. That in itself is exhausting!

I mean, I have to follow the director wherever he goes, and keep up to date with his decisions. I have to make sure every team knows what they're doing, and I have to make sure they give in their reports and lists, so that we have a foundation for the work. UGH!

So tiring. Even now as I write this, I'm still on my toes, trying to make sure we can still have a rehearsal for Monday! But I can't complain, it's all part of the job right?

Anyway, here's the update for the story:

So far I've finished four chapters and the prologue. I'm proof reading it now, so I don't make any mistakes later on. I've got my reviewers on the job and it's going well (FINALLY they're communicating!), plus with my chapter a day motto, I'll probably be done with this draft by the end of March or April...depending on whether or not I can stick to my own deadline.

Now that's done! I'll just post up a picture I found on the internet, as inspiration. This is actually my inspiration for one of the scenes in my story, it's right at the beginning, and when you read it, you'll understand why:

As always the link to the origins of the picture is on the picture itself.

And so I end with a metaphor I read in Of Dreams and Broken Things (not sure if it's the original place it came from, but it's where I read it):

"Men will fight for power, but men will die for love."

Do with this post what you will, and God Bless. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment