Tuesday 30 September 2014

Boredom And Too Much Time To Spare

So update on the story? I'm on chapter 18, but I'm still halfway through the story (or maybe two thirds of the way through...not sure yet). The fact that I'm writing this at 2 in the afternoon isn't because I'm at home working on my novel, far from it. I'm still at university, waiting for my seminar or workshop to begin in an hour. Throughout the first 2 hours of this 5 hour break I managed to finish chapter 17, after which I played on my iPad for a bit (since I am a game addict) and then for an hour after that I went to the music rooms to practice what little of the piano I know.

Obviously I've now given that up (since all the people practicing with me are advanced pianists or musicians that I feel very out of place there), and have taken to my laptop. I haven't a clue what to write for chapter 18, but hopefully as this hour progresses I will.

So what have I learned over the last week and two days? Well, I started my second year positively, I've found a job (that doesn't pay yet) and I've made a lot of progress in my novel. Overall, it has been great. Now...routine starts to kick in and I almost regret applying for my new job, but I know it will be worth it in the end. So what do I do? I am a researcher, and production assistant for a video and audio production company, and I am quite nervous, because I start tomorrow. Hopefully the homework I completed for it was sufficient enough. Who know's...

Now, I think I'll try to get some more of the novel done, because I know it's not going to write itself (well physically, the idea and the story is there, but not the words).

So signing off now, I'll see you all later. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment