Friday 5 September 2014

Act One Is Complete

Exactly as it says in the title, and yes, I reference my story as a play. It's a novel, don't forget, but I like looking at it in different ways. I thought of it in parts, now I think of it in acts, and I have to say, it makes things a lot easier for me.

I know I've only posted an update yesterday...or was it the day before...wait, no yesterday, but I assure you this update is because I have finished act one of my play (don't judge!!!). Yes I've finished chapter 10 and it couldn't have come sooner! I loved writing the first act! It was such a roller coaster ride, and I ended it with a great feeling. I was so overcome with emotion, I actually had to stop writing halfway through a sentence. The last part of chapter ten will probably cause many of you to hate me! I know I hate me too, because I wrote it! I was so excited and emotional when I wrote it I couldn't even describe what I felt! I couldn't even breathe!

Wow, I'm getting excited just thinking about it...So, carrying on with this post...I am now beginning act two or chapter 11 and things are really getting intense. Don't worry, you'll be able to see it soon, that is if my reviewers can get me my reviews on time.

Anyway, this story is so much different than what I'd ever expected. It's evolved as I write, and every time I look over what I've just written, I can't even imagine it's me that's writing. It's like, nothing I've ever felt. Ok, so that's basically what I keep saying, let me explain. When I write this story, it's like...it's not me that's writing, I mean I am writing it, but it's not my words. Basically, it's like when you're reading a book for the first time, you don't know what's going to happen, and you are so engrossed you have to read it. That's like me as I write. It's like I'm reading what someone else is saying to me, and I'm just the scribe, I see the words in my head and when it comes out on the computer, I'm dazzled! I can't believe what I'd just written, and I have to look over it just to make sure it's really there! It's like I'm reading that new book, as I'm writing. It's amazing! The last novel I wrote it was nothing like it, I had to consciously write the story, and it did not work at all, but this, this is on a whole new level. It's beyond my own imagination. It's not even me!

I don't know if any writer or any artist can say the same, but that's exactly how I feel. When I planned this story, I thought it would just be a normal romance, where the girl and guy admit they love each other, but the more I write, the deeper it all gets. It literally evolves as I write! I mean, after I finish a chapter I always have an idea of what I want to write next, and if it's at night, I always think about what I want to write just before I go to bed. Then when I wake up, and I turn on my laptop, the story is not the one I envisioned the night before, it is something completely different. It's the same when it comes to the next part of a chapter. Once I'm done with one perspective, another comes along!

It's like I'm not the one dictating this book, and I'm just along for the ride, just watching and waiting for the next thing to happen. It's so magical, I can't even begin to describe my excitement. I really can't wait for it to be finished, so that all of you can see what I mean. It's really something else, and yes it may have elements of stories that you've probably seen, but it's something really new in my perspective, and I really can't imagine anything else. Of course when I do finally look over it, and I put it up here, I will give the credits where its due, not just to my readers, but to the inspiration that created it. So here's me signing out for now, I'll see you all soon. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment