Monday 22 September 2014

Back In The Film Industry

Hello everyone, today, Monday 22nd September, is the day I officially start my second year at university. Yes I'm back in uni, so the story updates and editing will take a little longer due to projects and exercises that I'll have to do, since this year counts towards my final grade...So...wish me luck!

Anyway, so far I'm nearly halfway through editing the second draft of this story, and as a consequence new chapters have been added, because the first draft wasn't quite up to scratch, but I have refined it, and it's probably going to be longer than I initially thought it would be. So far, I have around 250 pages (A5)...not sure if that is an average book size but it's getting there...I think.

As for university and work...well...(*smirk*) In uni we are going to be working on documentaries, something I haven't had the joy of experiencing. Hopefully this year, it won't be horrific, and I hope my group (whoever I work with) and I will be able to come up with something a whole lot better than last year. Well that's one module, the other two, for this semester are Screenwriting and Recording Reality, I'm not quite sure what these modules involve, but when I do find out, I'll let you know, although, one of them seems to be pretty straightforward...the other, I'm guessing is a theory based one, since it's the same lecturer I had for the theory last year.

Work-wise, I'm actually pretty excited. You see, just before I took to blogger, I had received a phone call from an employer I'd contacted earlier this year (calendar not academic), and he has invited to speak to me personally about an internship role that I was applying for! I think I might get the job (it's unpaid, but hopefully if things go well I might end up getting paid); it's too early to tell, but if I do, I will have the experience I will probably need to one up others in my course! I really want this job, I would love being production assistant, you know researching, planning, and all that. I do like that stuff, since it's pretty much my area of expertise. Anyway, I really do hope I can get this job, because my sister already has one (a part-time in a Ryman's shop...it's still a job!) and well it just much more pressure to get one, and I don't like being compared to her, so hopefully I get it! Well, wish me good luck you guys! I'm going to need it.

That's it for now, I'll probably write another post by the end of the week, and I'll let you know what happened. For now, over and out! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment