Tuesday 2 September 2014

Progress Report! Sir!

Ok so I think it's time I posted something up, otherwise you lots get bored. Not that anyone reads it, but who cares! I've decided not to care, not even the amount of views I've got so far!

Well, I guess you'll all be happy to know I've made it to Chapter 8 in...what...5 days. That's something. I've managed to tease you in these few chapters, and the big heavy stuff will be in the later chapters, so watch out for that. I've got a few more people on the review panel, so I can edit a lot more easily, most of them aren't writers...well...writers in the sense of actual fiction...but yeah, anyway, they'll be helping me with the stuff, so once it's out in the open, I'll be crediting them (maybe not by name if they don't want it, but crediting them nonetheless).

Next, I've been working at this non-stop, so maybe by the end of this year, I'll probably have it up...if university work and other stuff don't interfere. I highly doubt it, but there you go. Ok so breakdown of inspiration and stuff...Mainly it's the music I'm listening to...The chord progressions and the overall theme of the music is just the epicentre of it all.

First of all I'm listening to the amazing violin skills of Lindsey Stirling. You can click on her YouTube channel here (oh and I am not endorsing, this is just for credit purposes): Lindsey Stirling - her stuff is amazing! I especially love her song Shatter Me (yes it's clickable), feat. Lzzy Hale from Halestorm (another clickable). Anyway, most of her songs are my inspiration, along with music from Audiomachine, which oddly enough I used in my A2 coursework (I used the song called The New Earth) - you can Spotify them, I love their music, it's all epic and stuff, helps me think of really cool battle scenes or ending scenes! Anyway, I also use Labyrinth (The link is to their IMDB page not the film itself) - OF COURSE! My inspiration and possibly obsession...and Disney's and the original story of Beauty and the Beast (again IMDB). Not only that, some things are from the fan-fictions I love, the ones that I referred to before:

The links this time are to the fan-fiction themselves...reader discretion is advised - THEY ARE MATURE!!!! Just as a heads up. Anyway, they are on fanfiction.net so they don't have a title page, and start on the first chapter/prologue but I don't think that would be a bother.

So that's the gist of it. But details are...well, when you read the prologue, listen to Lindsey Stirling's Take Flight, that particular "chapter" was based on the song. I just imagined the first few lines, and things took off from there...the rest...I dunno, sorta happened...ok so I based it a little on the story I had before (which I am never going back to - I've literally deleted from every data store I have, so literally there is no going back) but this time, things are a little bit more developed. So yes I hope you like it...if and when it does decide to turn up on the internet.

After that I guess the rest would probably speak for itself. So wish me luck...or not, since no one actually comments on these things...

...

Anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment