Thursday 2 October 2014

Restful Revision and Work

Well hello everyone. I've actually survived work! Yesterday was my first day. As promised I went at the usual 9:30 AM, and finished around 5:00 PM. When I started I didn't know what to expect, but having experienced it, I think I'll be at this company for a while. It's rather interesting and I am quite intrigued by the work we do. I can't say much yet, because I'm still starting out, but I am working on promoting awareness for Dyslexia.

I don't quite know much about it yet, but hopefully, over the next few weeks I'll be able to learn a lot more. The work I was tasked with, was editing things such as webpages, newsletters, icons and a little bit of video editing, although what I do is mainly organise the media into their respective folders, but it's a good start!

For the most part I was quite bored, because there wasn't much to do, just admin stuff, but hopefully soon we'll get more things going. So that's all I have to on that. Right now, I'm going to be working on my university assignments. Although...one assignment is more of a group thing and I need to film for it. The other one...I need to approve with my lecturer the topic of my essay and the last...I need approval for the subject of the script...so mainly what I'm doing today is background reading and such.

I've already started. Just now I have finished watching the documentary Nanook Of The North. It is such a cute documentary I have to say. Watching an entire family try to live out the cold in the Arctic is such a brave thing, and I was so moved by it. Don't worry, I'll write a proper review later, but if you haven't seen it, and you are into documentary, it is one for you. It is one of the oldest documentaries in the history of film, and I do suggest it, because it is a really good example of how documentaries began.

Anyway that's all I'll be saying for now, and I hope you take my advice. God bless. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment