Saturday 11 October 2014

LABYRINTH SEQUEL AND FANGIRLING

Hello once again, today is the day! League of Legends semifinals and Doctor Who!!! Whovians! You ready!? Summoners! You ready!? Let's get this party started! I'll start off with the Doctor Who review, since, it's going to start pretty much before the semifinals of League of Legends. So for now, let's talk about something else.

It's hella cold! Here in London, it's not that bad, but I am still cold...probably because I'm not doing much, but I'd rather be somewhere warm...oh well, this is the life I got...I gotta live with it. Anyway...Labyrinth...sequel...(Cue fangirl screams!!!!!!)

Last night I discovered the most exciting thing to ever happen in my obsessive life...The Henson Company is planning a Labyrinth SEQUEL!!!!!! I honestly can't wait for it...it's my dream come true! It's...gah! I can't even!!! Reading all the comments on the articles that profess this new development, I'm not quite sure I want this sequel anymore...You see you have to understand that Labyrinth came out in 1986, and it is 2014...many still want David Bowie's...uhem...you know...but looking at him now, I don't think he'll be right for the part...I hope they make the sequel classy, not something that pretty much does what every sequel does...SUCK! It's got to be good, my suggestion is, to have a completely different story, but let Sarah (i.e. Jennifer Connelly) and Jareth (David Bowie) cameo. If they're going to include the original cast, it's not going to be very good, Bowie isn't as...fit as he was before, and he was at his peak back then, Jenny (yes I'll call her what I want) is...well, no longer a teenager, so how are you going to use them for the cast. I'd prefer if it was a remake, but of course, people will be critiquing it a lot harsher than it really should be, so I won't say any more.

PEOPLE AT HENSON!!! PLEASE MAKE IT GOOD! I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO SAY THIS AGAIN!!!!!

So, now, let's talk about something different...No not going to happen, Labyrinth all the way!!! I hope they use one of the fan fictions on Fanfiction.net, there are so many good ones. I'm not joking, I may actually use one to create a film...not using their character names, but the stories themselves. These are really good stories. Like I said, I'm basing my story The Great Seven: Earth on these fan fictions, you all know! I am going to be uploading it soon...I'm on chapter 21 by the way, and almost on my way to finishing it. But yes, I hope they get inspiration there, because the theory on Tumblr is really lacking, I mean, come one, goblins that are the younger siblings, that weren't fetched by "Sarah" before time ran out...that's not really a very good theory. The ones about Jareth being (like the Doctor) the last of his kind, and trying to hold onto the very fabric of existence is probably cooler than the recurring adventures in the Labyrinth.

If I were to do a sequel, it would be based on either Of Dreams and Broken Things, What's Past is Prologue, or The End of Days. I'll post up the links later, but I would use either one of these as the basis, not that stupid theory on Tumblr (Sorry, I know it's not that stupid, but the background behind these ones are so much cooler. I mean, the fairy world on the brink of oblivion and destruction is so much better than a lonely magician who's gone insane and thinks every dark haired girl, called Sarah, is his Sarah.

I hope they think to use more of the underground, or the fairy world, like include other mythical beings like (and I know it's cliche, but hey, if it can fit) unicorns, pegasus, dragons, giants, etc. It would make the adventure even more epic, and more real for us, since CGI is a big thing nowadays

Anyway, that's my rant for now, and I leave you with another Labyrinth based picture, I found on DeviantART (oh and the link to the artist is actually on the picture so click it if you want to see more like it - NOT PROMOTING!):
(NOT MINE! NOT MINE NOT MINE NOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!) ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment