Tuesday 7 October 2014

Cafe Musings and Wasted Batteries

I really need to remember to bring my laptop charger when I bring my laptop into uni. I'm currently running on 33% of battery. Seriously it's ridiculous that I keep forgetting. Anyway, I'm still working on chapter 20, but it's slowly getting there - that is chapter 20 of my story. So, this is the five hour wait, and I'm sitting here in Starbucks, writing random things. Since I need a little break from my story, I decided to fulfil my promise to write a review on one of my favourite TV shows, The Big Bang Theory, it's up and if you want the link it's right here:

The Big Bang Theory: The Hook-Up Reverberation

I know the blog is looking a little rushed, but that's because I still have a lot of things to do, both for university and my personal projects, so please be patient, I will get round to fixing all these things.

So, now I'm here, writing this blog post, with headphones in, because the noise in this cafe, well...it's not that bad, but sitting right next two me are two girls, who I think are from the university, and they are talking non-stop. With that in mind, I'm currently listening to Lindsey Stirling's Roundtable Rival. To be honest this song kind of reminds me of her other one, Master of Tides. They're both so cool, and you can just imagine dancing to them. Anyway, what am I going to do for the next 3 hours? I could go back to writing the story, and I will, but again, I will need breaks...I can't easily play League of Legends, the connection here isn't really that good, and I didn't bring my mouse (I've recently discovered how easy it is to play with a mouse, rather than the tap pad that comes with the laptop). I think the best distraction will probably be my iPad (if I can be bothered to reconnect to the wifi) or the most basic of basics, Facebook. 

Do you know how much time I waste on that thing. Honestly, there really is nothing special to it anymore, nor are there any good articles or posts or memes, it's all just repeats now...I guess the only good thing about it is I see great structures and architectures, from a page I've liked, but even so, those places make me jealous, and I really just want to travel to those places to say I've been there!

It's kind of annoying that I've now developed an impatience because everything has now become so fast and quick. Which reminds me, I pitched my documentary idea yesterday, and as predicted I forgot what I wanted to say, but what I've just written reminds me of what I wanted to do for my documentary.

Instead of actually making a documentary. I think I'll put the question to you: can you survive post-technology? So can you live without your telephone, mobile/cell phone, tablet (whichever: iPad or other tablet), the computer, your laptop, your TV and anything electronic (except the basics, lights, water, etc.) Anything to do with communication and Internet access, is basically off limits. I'll try it...for one week...perhaps after university. I'll document it, I know using a camera counts as using technology, but if it's just the camera, it should be fine...if someone else operates it for me.

Well, we'll see if I go through with it. I'll let you all know if someone will agree to do it with me. I'm sure there are many tribes in the remotest parts of the world that do survive without the internet and whatnots, but they are exposed to it one way or the other, I'm sure.

Anyway, wow...this was a long post. I shall leave you to continue browsing through Facebook or whatnots. As always, do with this post what you will...EXCEPT COPY! I HATE COPIERS! Bye! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment