Sunday 8 February 2015

Buckle Down And Work

Hello people!

Yes it's been a while since I last posted something on here...and happy belated new year!...I think...Anyway, I've been busy. That's why I haven't posted something on here for a while. First I went to Belgium for Christmas (which was awesome by the way, if not cold), my birthday had come around, and my sister, cousin, aunt and I went on a spa day and...well...I couldn't have been more relaxed, I started semester 2 of my second year, at uni, and well...I've been playing...a lot lately.

Don't judge me, I am a "gamer girl" so what can you do?? So here's the 411. I'm going to be working on my novel again, and this time I will finish it, before the year is up, it will be up in Summer, I can promise you that, and hopefully, if all goes according to plan, my friends and I will be starting up a YouTube channel, for all our film ideas...so yes we're going to be YouTubers!!

Right now, I'm actually attempting to finish this story, so I can get back on track with uni work, and yes, I am doing my work! I've already done the "homework" for one of my modules, I've done the reading for another, and all I have left is the rework of my CV for the last one. I am on a roll this year! No more depression about not being in a relationship, or over-stressing myself because of university, and no more "I wish"'s this year I am buckling down and getting work done. So if you don't hear from me it's because I'm going full out professional-work-mode!

So now, here's a new tidbit for the story, because you're all probably wondering what it it's about (mind you, it's a rough summary, I've yet to make up a proper one for it):

To have your world ripped away from you, because you're old enough is hard enough, but to venture in one that may kill you is another. A month after her 21st birthday, Tera is thrown into a world of magic, talking creatures, and cursed kings. Little does she know her hidden past is bound to this new world, and becoming the hostage of a cursed kingdom is just one part of it. Not to mention, being approached by the Great Seven, is no easy task either. The tests she is given will determine whether or not she is ready to fulfil her destiny.


Ok...so crappy summary but you get the gist. I'll explain more, when the time is right. For now, please don't hate! ><

Next order of business...my reviews. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, here's a link:

Feather's Reviews

Basically, if you don't know already, I'm doing a Film Production degree and because of that, I've deigned it necessary that I start reviewing any films, TV shows, and whatever. This is because I've realised, I'd rather be doing something in writing, whether it actually is writing a novel, a screenplay, review, or simply filling out forms for production schedules and meetings. I know that being at a desk, looking at a computer screen nearly 24/7 is the ideal job for me...after all I'm already doing that for work, I'm writing posts/pages for a blog about dyslexia, which you can check out here:

The Codpast

Yeah...you'll find my stuff under "Blog" it's there somewhere, just look at the small print saying "Curation by Vanessa Rocha...", that's me, in all my artistic glory... Ok so maybe it's not artistic, more...sarcastic, comical and well...pretty much something like this, but at least it's a start, and hey, it's not that bad, at least I'm raising awareness for dyslexics, which, I can assure you, is a very hard thing to research on. Trust me, there's a lot of things to find on the internet, but finding out who's dyslexic and who's not is very hard to do.

Anyway, back to the reviews...yeah...so...I was going to write a review for the film version of Into the Woods (Rob Marshall, 2014), but it was quite forgettable. I couldn't remember half the things that were in the film, the instant I left the cinema. Sorry Rob Marshall, but it just didn't stand out for me, not like Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera (2004) or Cameron Mackintosh's Les Miserable (2012). I know they're big hits, even in the West End and Broadway, and yes, they're the main ones everyone looks to for inspiration, but so help me, they are! I've got to get that warm fuzzy feeling inside, when I watch a musical, I want the songs to be remember-able and then I'll fall in love with it, and write that all important review, but in your case, I didn't. You're going to have to do something better than that, if you want to be a contender like The Phantom of the Opera, or Les Miserable, or even Wicked (Stephen Schwartz, 2003).

Anyway, that's it for now. Stay beautiful, and remember no stress, no depression and no laziness (yes I'll be starting my workout again). Be good, God Bless. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment