Monday 18 May 2015

The Music Corner Episode 5 - Here I Am Lord

Hello Everyone,

As promised another arrangement here for The Music Corner on Monday, to help you through the week. Ok, so unlike the previous two episodes, which were original pieces, this is another arrangement of a hymn. This one is my absolute favourite because it holds dear memories in my heart. It’s called Here I Am Lord.

So he reasons why I love this hymn is because I once was asked to participate in a liturgy. My part was to “dance” for…you guessed it…THIS HYMN! ‘Course this was when I was a kid (around 7 or 8 at the time) and something like this was a huge deal for me! For someone like me, being chosen to be a part of liturgies and masses was awesome! It meant that I would no longer just be a part of the crowd; my voice could be heard! For someone like me, it was a relief to know someone was finally listening!

Needless to say, I felt blessed from that moment on, and because of it I joined the school choir where I felt closer to God through the songs we sang. Of course, not all the songs were hymns, we sang other stuff, but that moment stuck with me and that’s why this hymn is my all-time favourite.

However, I was quite reluctant to make an arrangement for something like this. Although I love this hymn, there were times when it was sung in my parish, and it was deathly slow. Not to mention, they would have a drumbeat going on behind it, which took the majesty out of it. So, not only do I have some great memories of it, I also had some not-so-great memories too, but I can’t fault them, I guess they did it because they thought people couldn’t sing to it if it were faster.


Oh and if you want to check out the WordPress page, where I've also uploaded the score, and the ScoreCloud version (no I did not spell SoundCloud wrong) then click here.

Well, anyway here’s the piece. I hope you like it just as much as I do. 

Here I Am Lord - SoundCloud

As always tell me what you think in the comments below, and I’ll see you all soon! As always, do with this post what you will, and God Bless. ^^




No comments:

Post a Comment