Wednesday 20 May 2015

I'd Rather Be Deluded Than Cynical

Hello Everyone,

So it’s been a while since I’d written a post that didn’t involve The Music Corner. The reason I’m writing this post, is because I was inspired. For the last few months I’ve been reading a few fiction books. They’re somewhat religious as they’re based on the angels. The books are part of an on-going series called The Chronicles of Brothers by Wendy Alec.


















First off, these books are awesome! I know there are many mistakes both in terms of its grammar and spelling but despite that I still like them. It’s both the religious and the fantasy aspects of the book that appeal to me. Of course, it makes sense since I’m Catholic and quite vocal about (here at least) and I do love the idea of magic and fantasy.

So what does this have to do with being cynical? Well, when I finished the last book A Pale Horse, I started arguing with myself. Yes I do that! Anyway, I began to do this because I was looking at reviews, and I stumbled upon a very negative one about Ms Alec and her books, and it got me thinking…what if I met someone like that, someone who would hate something because it doesn’t sit right with them? What if they started to give me all these reasons and such, how would I deal with that? Soon I started thinking up scenarios, and that’s when I began arguing with myself to the point where I eventually called myself deluded.















Now this is where the title of this post comes in. So I thought about this question for a while, and then I decided to say, “I’d rather be deluded than cynical.” Why? Simple. I’d rather be deluded than cynical because it gives me hope. It inspires me to try to make the world a better place without being so negative all the time. I understand people think that you can still make the world a better place, even though you are cynical, but doesn’t that mean you’re deluded too? I mean if you think you can make the world a better place, it makes you dream of how you could do it, without actually having done it yet. Doesn’t that mean you’re deluding yourself as well?

















So I ask you, would you rather be deluded than cynical? Would you rather see the world negatively or positively? I mean, what would being cynical do for you? Why would you complain over every positive thing that someone else has done because you don’t see it that way? Why would it be so bad to allow people to believe in such things as God and an afterlife? Wouldn’t it be better if they did, because it gives them something to look forward to? We wouldn’t fear death as much because of it, and people would be less angry at each other.

That’s why I believe it is better to be deluded, because at least I have some form of hope. I believe in God and in Jesus because it is my way of saying, I’m not afraid. Yes I may be afraid of living, but I’m not afraid of death, and in the words of the famous child who never grew up, “Death would be an awfully big adventure.”














Well, that’s it. Have fun, and as always do with this post what you will, and I’ll see you soon. God Bless. ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment