Friday 4 October 2013

Filming and Drawing Extravaganza

Well, I did promise a new post every time I can make one, so here's one. Have I told you yet? I am already in university! First year taking a BA (hons) Film Production at University of West London! Oh yeah! The very university I wanted to go to in the first place. Now let's see, what modules I'm taking...There's:

1. The Moving Image - Theory
2. Contemporary Industry Practice - Theory and workshops (I'll explain later)
3. Digital Video Production - Practical

These are my modules so far, next term would be something different. I can't remember what they are though...

Anyway...

So recently one of my lecturers told us to acquire a notebook to add our own ideas when we get them, so just randomly write down a screen title or actually write down a concept, or even draw some storyboards, of course you don't have to draw, you can photograph the storyboards. But anyway, I took his advice and purchased a sketch book, because they're better quality paper, and decided to start this ideas thing. And so far I have drawn some things in the note book, like the train seat in front of me during my journey to the university, my ring at a frontal view, and a rose (actually as I'm writing this post, I'm drawing the rose.

And I have to admit, it was a great idea to do this kind of thing, my creative juices are really flowing.

So you guys want to know what the modules are?

Well, The Moving Image is analyzing films and the techniques that are used to make them what they are and how good they are in terms of these techniques. Contemporary Industry Practice is basically how a movie is made, so from development to exhibition, it's actually quite interesting and my first exercise for the term is to create a pitch, that could potentially be a summer blockbuster. It's really quite interesting. It's due next week. so I better get started on it soon...Finally Digital Video Production is my favorite module...WE ACTUALLY CAN WORK WITH CAMERAS!!! You don't know how excited I am to be working with them, and my first "homework" is to create a pitch, script and storyboard for my first assignment. It's meant to be based on a joke that has a story in it, i.e. beginning, middle and end. OMG! THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!! I hope they do my idea, because I have such details fixed for it, and I would be so mad if we don't do it!!!! ><

That's pretty much it for now. I may upload a few posts after this, with pictures of my drawings, they're not that good. I'm still a beginner, so don't criticize me harshly, I'm not showcasing that much art.

So as always please do with this post what you will. God Bless! ^^

(I DON'T OWN THIS PICTURE!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment