Thursday 10 October 2013

Film Pitches, Red Noses and Yoga Poses

Well hello there! It's been a while, I know, it's just I've been quite busy recently. I started my university course, about 2/3 weeks ago and it's been one hell of a ride. I'm not joking. When we started I told myself to look up everything I needed to know. Well, I did, and was confused at first. We have assignments due for the 6th/7th/8th week of teaching, and I was confused as to how to start them. Seriously! What do I do! But I spoke to some of the other students and my confusion has been satisfied. So now I'm like, I'll start them soon, because we haven't had much materials in order to start them. So perhaps this weekend I'll start writing.

Anyway, so far we've had "homework" to do, both of them are pitches, and well a little bit of reading. OMG!!! PITCHES!!! Granted I can speak in front of people, but when I hear "Pitches" I get really nervous. That's why I'll be using flash cards, thank you very much. Thing is, I don't want to be a producer, I just want to be an editor or a cinematographer, or even director (if possible, I really need to grow a backbone first, before I start ordering people about) because I don't want to come up with the ideas, I just want to be a part of shooting or post-production. Budgeting is not my strong point, and to be honest, I don't like research, but I know I have to. So I just have to "grin and bear it". Right?

So now the "Film Pitches" part of the title's done, it's time for "Red Noses". The reason I say "Red Noses" is the fact that for the last two weeks I've been ill. How? Well I had direct contact with a person that was ill, in one of my lectures, but to my logic, defying any biological lessons I took in A Levels, I blamed it on the alcohol I had on a Thursday night, on which I went out, with my cousins, to attend a comedy night. Of course that's my logic, I blamed it all on the alcohol.

Now for the fun part the "Yoga Poses"! Well I had a yoga class yesterday, it was my first and I loved it! Seriously, after it finished, I couldn't move, not because my limbs ached, but because I was so relaxed I just wanted to sleep! That was an awesome lessons. And I finally know now how to breathe throughout a routine. For those of you young people, and older (if you are still flexible enough), I do recommend practicing yoga, it isn't hard, well if you do it correctly, and if you have someone to teach you properly. It's really good and it does help you, in so many ways, such as:
1. Strengthening your muscles (WITHOUT HAVING TO SWEAT IT OUT!)
2. Relaxing you (if need be, you know, after a long stressful day, just a small routine)
3. Keeping your flexibility and balance (seriously, some of the poses require a lot of concentration and balance)

Now, all that is said and done, I bid you farewell. And until the next time we meet, be good, and as always, do with this post what you will. God Bless!! ^^

This is one of the many photos taken on a holiday to Japan. I like this photo, it boasts nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment