Sunday 19 July 2015

The Bane of Technology

Ok, so here's a new rant. Basically I pretty much virtually live on my laptop (which is a Macbook Pro - I have a love/hate relationship with it). Now with my current lifestyle, I can readily access everything on my laptop, except when it gets all funny with me and decides not to work for me anymore. Today (which is Sunday 19th July 2015) I encountered so many problems with my Macbook that I had had enough and decided to restore its factory settings.

It's a pain, I know, but it worked. The issue that I was mainly encountering was resolved and now I can use the Macbook in peace...however, that's not half the problem. After resetting everything, and re-downloading all the applications and documents I once owned, I had problems with the hard drive I saved all my files on...you see, I needed to log onto a certain app to gain access to the sheet music I'd been working on (yes you'll be hearing more from me soon), and all my passwords had been saved onto that hard drive. Unfortunately my Macbook froze on me so I had to restart EVERYTHING, but that's not the problem. You see when I restarted everything, I guess during that process the hard drive said "You know what, screw it. I'm gonna screw you over, because I am too old for this s**t" (I don't swear), and all the documents, spreadsheets and basically anything to do with everything in my virtual life was ERASED! Granted I could have tried to get them back, but they were in code or something - I had to open up terminal to reset the programmes and whatnots but I'm not that computer savvy to figure it out. Anyway, so I had to basically delete the mumbo jumbo that my hard drive threw in my face, and pretty much re-create everything. Now because it's late (when I wrote this post) and my dad's using the main computer, I can't really re-download everything, so I have to start ALL OVER AGAIN! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH OF A PAIN THAT IS!!!

Oh and I forgot to mention, because I restarted my Mac, I had to re-download the Microsoft Office programmes I once had on it. The only problem is it needs a product activation key to actually activate it. Now that's not the only problem I had, you see the product key I have is apparently "not valid" and I scoured the Microsoft website only to find that the reason why it's not valid is because the servers are down...well isn't that peachy...WHAT THE F**K IS THIS!!!! I need my Microsoft Word, Excel and whatever else I use to get this blog going!!! I am so not in the mood for this! No Microsoft, get your S**T together and let me use your products! I paid good money for it! I am not about to let you ruin the one constant in my electronic life just because you lot couldn't keep your cool!

Ugh...besides that...I finally have Final Cut Pro up and working again, and not using up the entire space of my Mac's flash drive (no thank you Apple), and now I can work on this second video that I've been trying to get done for the past week. I think I've found out the best way to record this video, because there is no way I'm going through 4 hours of making a house only to find the recordings incompatible with Final Cut Pro/Sony Vegas. All of this mechanical malfunction is giving me a migraine! so that's it...I'm not going to say any more, because if I do, I probably will end up a sobbing mess wondering what I'm going to do with my life.

So in ol' Feather Charm style. This is Feather Charm signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment