Sunday 18 May 2014

One More Thing

Another update on my activities. I've finally finished all my assignments for university, so now I have four whole months to do pretty much whatever. So far it's been a weekend, and I've managed to keep myself busy, I've been writing a novel. Yes I'm trying that again, despite the fact I've already taken down "The Shadow's Descent".

However unlike "The Shadow's Descent" I'm not posting chapters in updates. Instead I'm going to write out the whole story, until it's end, because if I don't the inspiration will leave me and like all the stories that I've tried to do before, I won't finish it. So it will be a while before I'll upload the new blog, and upload the story, which will be in chapters, because I'm cruel that way.

Don't worry, each chapter will be refined and edited, to make it as special as possible, and hopefully it won't be so full of cheese and fluff as some of the stories I've done in the past - I've been reading fan fiction, and those who know the website, know what I'm talking about - and hopefully it will be readable. Although I'm not sure how long the novel will be, the chapters will be quite long, because I'm writing it in Word Document, and since the novel's inception on Friday night, I'm still at chapter 2, so yes it's going to be quite long, and I may perhaps split it into two.

I've already worked out the summary and details, all that's left is for me to write it, and the details of such will be on this blog instead of the story blogs, and I will post links to it, on each of them, i.e. there will be a link to the blog on the different pages of this blog, and the link of this blog will be on the different pages of the other blogs. So hopefully, if I don't screw this up, there will be a novel or a series for this new story.

Don't forget, I will also be posting up reviews of any film I've watch, but I believe those will be few and far between as right now I may not be able to visit the cinema in a while...no money and well...no time really...

But for now I will tease you with the prologue of this new story, and it's title...I'll work on the cover image, but for now, please bear with this little snippet:

The Last of the Dreamers

Prologue

Three violet figures stood sentinel in a small purple-grassed clearing. They were waiting, watching as the tall, white and silver figure stepped up a small pedestal, with a podium attached. On the podium was a large bronze bowl, filled to the brim with silver liquid, so clear and still, it reflected the moonlight that shone through the entwining branches of the silver crystal trees that surrounded them. The figure stood in front of the bowl bent low, looking intently at the silver liquid, her midnight blue hair the only thing visible, which flowed past her hood.
“My lady, can it be true?” A musical voice asked. One of the violet-robed figures stepped forward, lowering her hood to reveal a woman, with sky blue hair, eyes bright as amethysts, and skin as pale as snow, “Are we really dying?”
The figure standing at the bowl sighed, and straightened, she turned towards the woman, “Unfortunately Skeesa, it is. The Crystal Forest of Dreams is dying.” She said ominously. There was a collective gasps from the three figures.
“Surely there is a way to save the forest, Lady Ilya.” One of the other two figures asked, this voice was male.  As he spoke he lowered his hood, to reveal the lithe figure of a man, whose long hair was silver as the moon, and eyes as blue as the ocean.
The last figure also lowered its hood, revealing long dark lavender hair, and diamond coloured eyes, her voice was as smooth as the liquid in the bowl, “It cannot end this way my lady. Is there anything we can do?”
Lady Ilya sighed again, and lowered her hood, revealing the soft waves of her midnight blue hair, and dark indigo eyes that seemed to pierce the soul, “No Mael, there is nothing we can do. All we can do is wait.” She turned towards the middle figure, “Avarox, saddle my horse, as soon as you can, I ride for Irenia before dawn.”
The one called Skeesa frowned, “My lady, so early, why?”
Ilya turned towards Skeesa, “There is much to do. A line has been crossed, and only one path remains open now, only time will tell whether or not the forest can be saved, but time is of the essence. If I don’t leave now, perhaps this path will close too. Nevertheless, I must ride to Irenia, it is vital I intercede now.” She stepped down from the pedestal and walked over towards the remaining two figures, as Avarox had left to ready his lady’s horse.
Mael cautiously asked, “How long will you be gone my lady?”
Ilya turned towards her, “It is uncertain Mael. However I hope to return before the end of the month, my presence may be needed. If I do not return, summon the Kayn. The creatures of this forest must be protected; we do not want the curse that is Davaron to take them too.”
The two women bowed to Ilya, marking her departure, and spoke as one, “Yes my lady. It will be as you say.”
Without another word Ilya left the clearing, after Avarox. Not looking back. Ilya stepped lightly but determinedly towards the future, hoping beyond hope that she wasn’t too late.

ENJOY!!! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment