Wednesday 20 March 2013

A Surprising Readilation?...

Ok, so this is not exactly a rant, but a very surprised...speech? First of all let's start with Monday...On Monday I receive a text from both my parents saying that I will be needed on Sunday to read for Palm Sunday, which is the beginning of Holy Week, in the Catholic/Christian calendar, of course oblivious to what I was reading I immediately said yes. At this point in time, I just felt privileged to read on Holy Week, The last time I read at Easter was at the Easter Vigil, on the Saturday before Easter Sunday, so I'm happy that I at least could do something that was as important, since we wouldn't be at church for Easter Sunday...it's a coincidence but my dad's birthday is on Easter Sunday, and we will be celebrating in a restaurant called Cosmo...somewhere in Croydon...Anyway...so yeah, I was happy to read, thinking I would be used for either the first reading, the psalm or the second reading...Oh but it doesn't end there...

You see, today on Wednesday 20th March 2013, my dad picked up the readings that I'm supposed to do on Sunday, and I was given a heads up by my mother this morning...Oh it gets better...

So I'm at school, with little concern about the readings, doing my everyday thing, learning, talking to friends, worrying about school, then I get home. I'm on the bus listening to Les Miserables, and loving it...

I come into the house...set down my bags, say hi to my dad, and get ready to do another bout of homework...then I see the post, and the readings I will do on Sunday. Now at this point it didn't strike me that the readings were photocopied, I had half expected it. So yeah, I didn't take any notice of it...until I got closer...

The readings weren't readings...actually when I picked it up, I felt many pages in what I now call my SCRIPT...because it isn't the first or second readings, or even the psalms that I got...nope, IT'S THE GOSPEL! O0O...Imagine my surprise when I see that it is, granted I don't have to say the priests lines that introduce that it is, you know..."The Lord be with you" and all that...And it's not even the best part...Here I would like to point out that my parish has a very modern way in reading the gospel...I'm not sure if every parish does this but mine certainly does. They include the readers to take part in the gospel, as extra characters, so the priest takes the role of Jesus, while everyone else does everyone else...So when I picked up the SCRIPT, I immediately think, "Oh, I'm going to be one of the other characters"...oh no...that's not what I get...

Like every good story there has to be description, in the form of narration...yep you guessed it...I AM THE NARRATOR!!!!!!! And Oh Lord help me...Trust me to get the biggest part, other than Jesus himself...What has happened to me!!! You know what, ever since my Confirmation I've been slowly climbing the ranks of the readers, I've read at Christmas (Midnight Mass) a few times, I've done Easter once, I've done the Sunday dedicated to the Holy Spirit, I've done soooo many Liturgical events, that it's not funny anymore!!! Now I have this...I know I will mess up at least once, during this special day! Over the past I have had at least one mistake whilst I read at mass! HOW AM I GOING TO DO THIS!!!!

So yeah, that's the story so far...If I make it out alive on Sunday, I'll tell you all the good news...If not...well...I guess you'll all have to put up with me saying bad things about myself, and whatnots...I doubt it, but still, please guys, pray for me. It's essential I have a lot of support so I don't make a fool of myself.

As always, God bless, and please post any comment you have, or any questions you have. Otherwise post up your answers to the riddle, that I have set. Like I said before, I post one up every week. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment