Saturday 13 October 2012

Another Day, Another Rant

Have you ever been compared to another person by your parents? Most probably you have...I certainly have, countless of times, by my parents, TO MY SISTER! Who might I add is younger than me. You see, we both have different personalities, and with these personalities, do different things...SO WHY DO THEY KEEP COMPARING ME WITH HER JUST BECAUSE SHE DOES THINGS DIFFERENTLY FROM ME!

We both have different ways in which we study, she likes to study non-stop, while I like to do the same, sporadically, which may well be a very bad way, to study, but it works. I don't burn out, unlike her, where she will eventually exhaust herself, and worry to no end about her exams. I on the other hand, will be less worried, because of the fact that I know what I'm doing. Honestly, my parents do not understand this. They want me to be my sister, in that respect. Well, I can't be!

This fact is known everywhere, you cannot be your sibling, you cannot be someone else! That is because there is no one like you! Isn't it said that God made us unique, God made us his children, and loves us the way we are...WHY CAN'T THEY UNDERSTAND THAT I'M THE WAY I AM AND I'M HAPPY! Why do the constantly bombard me with the ever present "Why can't you be more like her?" or "They are doing this because they studied hard." - the last quote implying that I should be like that person. Hasn't it ever occurred to them that maybe I didn't work like that person, or my mind works differently from them!

This constant comparison, completely contrasts their beliefs...we are Catholic...

I think it's just human nature, to want better, but this "better-ness" is not through materialistic things, or success in that way! It's through the love and knowledge of God, we have our own potential that only we can unlock, but only given the chance to. NOT THROUGH COMPARISON! For example, I have been given ample opportunities to further my skills in music, and or other subjects, and I have taken them, improving my knowledge, and in effect improving me. BUT THEY DON'T SEE THAT!!!!!

Sometimes I wish they wouldn't do this to me! It's always frustrating when someone compares you. This I have learned leads to making you compare yourself to others...trust me, my mentality has changed because of this constant comparison. They tell me to stop comparing myself to others, but this is because THEY COMPARE ME!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH HOW I AM!

You know what...I'm just going to carry on like this if I continue writing, and I know this constant ranting will get me nowhere, so I'll just do my homework now, and try to forget it with some music.

So like always, do with this rant what you will...

No comments:

Post a Comment