Thursday 11 October 2012

Angered Spanish Lessons

I understand the necessity of proper grammar and whether or not it is correct to say a certain word...BUT THE FACT THAT SOMEONE HAS THE GALL TO BLAME ME FOR SOMETHING THAT I DID NOT DO IS OUT OF THE QUESTION! I was simply defending a certain exam board because I understand where they're coming from.

To simply put it, a student didn't understand what, or more specifically why, a word had a meaning that was completely different from its literal translation. To be specific "desplazarse" meant (according to the exam board) "to move". I understand his reason, as well as the book.

No here's where things got me wound up, I tried explaining that different words could mean the same thing, and yes I understand he's a native speaker, but I put this in terms of English. He wouldn't let me finish. I was going to explain to him that there are articles in English with these sorts of word plays, this is only because they are using a sophisticated sort of English, but he didn't even consider this...

So what was I supposed to do...yes I could try again, but that would be pointless, because as expressed today, he was closed-minded...so I let it be...AND SILENTLY FUMED...Perhaps the next time I see him, I could just completely ignore him...

That seems like a simple thing to do, but that idea may die down, since being a sanguine my grudges don't hold very long...

We shall see...

So as per usual, make of this rant what you will...

No comments:

Post a Comment