Wednesday 27 August 2014

Update Time...

Hey...yeah, the deadline has kind of gone out of the window, so we'll probably wait a lot longer before the story becomes live, so I'm really sorry. I'm trying my best to gain enough inspiration to continue.

Anyway, a lot has happened this summer, after Cancun. I went out with the cousins (we are surprisingly close, so don't judge), I went out to lunch with an old friend, I went shopping with my sister and we went fishing last Sunday. Ok so not so much has happened, but I have taken up hand craft projects. Oh and I had managed to finish the cat cross stitch I had been working on for the past three years. Yes I could have finished it in one year, but I had to put it off because of my A Levels and  there were points where I couldn't be bothered to continue it. Now I have taken up a crochet project, I'm making an afghan/blanket, and I have two more cross stitch projects lined up. Not to mention I'm starting my second year at university this September, and my family has booked a trip to malaga in the next few weeks. So the novel has had to step back in terms of priority. Who knows I may finish it next year.

So what has happened so far? Well when I went out with my cousins, it was really for a birthday. Originally it was going to be themed, but because of limited resources and poor planning we ended up going to a bar and just drinking and having fun. It was great. I managed to stay somewhat sober, more so than pretty much everyone else, and I didn't fall asleep this time...don't ask. Although I did feel sleepy throughout the night, but I guess it's only because it was late, I'm not used to staying up past midnight. There were a few instances where I had to help someone in the group, for example, my "cousin" was quite sick she was sent out of the bar and I tried to get attention away from her. The next person was my sister, and well I handled that a lot better. Oh and the worst one was my cousin, his drinking lead him to the stage where he was aggressive and angry, and that scared me a lot, because he tried to confront two big guys who were walking to the station behind us, fortunately for us, they understood that he was drunk and tried to calm him down.

The next interesting thing I did was go fishing with my family. That was fun, more fun than the bar actually. I love fishing and I caught two big ones nearly instantly, of course that was all I caught because that was my turn, I had to hand over the rod to my cousins so they could have a go. Then we had a picnic, which well kind of frustrated me, since my dad got a charcoal "instant" grill. The instructions were fairly simple, but the thing was it didn't light very well, it took us hours until we got it starting, but we did eventually get it started, and took a few good photos while we were at it, and I must say the fish I caught was excellent, that it was worth the wait. It was good to see my grandmother and my two baby cousins (even though they're already 7 and 11 I still think them babies) out in the fresh air. I was a bit jealous of the younger one though, he managed to catch five fishes...No one should be that good, especially on their first go!

The other events were just ordinary compared to what I'd described above, I bought some clothes, but mostly I bought fruits for my smoothies, which I haven't had the chance to make, and well, I don't think I'll be making any smoothies any time soon, since I keep forgetting to. So I may just put the smoothie making off for a while, until I get my health routine back on track.

Anyway, that's the story for now, let's be done with that, and I'll see you soon. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment